This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeGrub #CollectiveBias
It’s game time and for me that means fun food and delicious appetizers and snacks and lots of family and friend time. One of my favorite parts of any sports season is the great food that I get to serve to my guys watching on the big screen. That’s what I look forward to. I know, I know, the food should be secondary but for me, nope… it’s the best part!
Of course no game day would be complete without some dips and sauces to dip just about anything in. For our big game day party, we turned to Alexia Foods for snacks! purchased some Alexia Classic Crinkle Cut Fries, Alexia Crispy Onion Rings and Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries so we could be sure that every taste bud was covered. Plus they taste great on their own, and are easy to kick up a notch if you like. (we like).
You can find these awesome game day favorites at Walmart where they have the Frozen Potatoes (yes, even the onion rings). They were all together and very simple to find.
We started by simply layering the fries on the pan. They can touch, but they will cook better if they are in a single layer. I might have organized them a little, you do not need to be this strict lol.
At the halfway point, we remove them from the oven, toss them in a bit of olive oil, sprinkle on some sea salt, garlic powder and herbs and return them to the oven to continue cooking.
While they are cooking, we began preparing the sauces, which are all pretty simple and taste great with so many things. The onion rings AND the fries both went REALLY well with all four of them.
For gameday, I chose a Garlic Parmesan Herb Dip, a Pesto Dip, a Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip and a Spicy Chipotle Dip.
Garlic Parmesan Herb Dip
- 1 16oz. container sour cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Parsley
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Blend all ingredients until desired consistency. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to allow flavors to meld before serving.
Herb Pesto Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup Basil Pesto (or more for flavor)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a blender, mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip
- 1 jar (7 or 7.25 oz) roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1½ cups feta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon olive oil
- In your blender or food processor, blend peppers, garlic and basil. Add the feta cheese and olive oil and then process until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hour to allow flavors to blend..
Spicy Chipotle Dip
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend all ingredients together. Serve with french fries, hash browns, hamburgers, sandwiches and SO much more!
For more great recipe inspiration follow Alexia Foods on Facebook or Get inspired by Alexia Foods Pinterest Boards!
I’ve shared my gameday favorites with you; I’d love to hear about yours! Leave a comment sharing your favorite game day snack or recipe.