There is nothing better than good food and friends, and this week’s #ProgressiveDinner #SundaySupper includes just that. I’m very excited to be sharing these great foods with you. Mine is all the way down below, but let me share theirs first.
Jen fromwill have her Portabella and Goat Cheese Tart waiting for us. Mmmm… I am in love with Portabella’s.
Then Pam, over atis serving her Slow Cooked Lasagna Soup. Sounds so delicious!
My friend Angie, from Big Bears Wife, who I also host This Week’s Cravings with each week, is treating us to her Crock Pot Roast Beef. Her recipes are always amazing, so I’m sure this one will be so good!
According to my dear friend Isabel over at FamilyFoodie , you can’t have a Roast without the Smashed Potatoes and Gravy, so she has gracious offered to make those for our #SundaySupper. She’s showing you how to make the easiest Smashed Potatoes and No lump Gravy. And they look so good!
I’m bring the side dish… Baked Asparagus Fries with a Roasted Garlic Aioli. You’ll find that below.
The perfect ending to a perfect meal Around the Family Table always ends with a fabulous Dessert. Carla from Chocolate Moosey was the obvious choice for Yummy Banana Cupcakes. Mmmmmm……
We hope you can all join us this Sunday for our Progressive Dinner. It’s guaranteed to be a blast and full of inspiration! We will be tweeting about it all day and all you have to do is use the Hashtag
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly
- ½ c. flour
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2½ Tbs. lemon juice
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Brush your baking pan lighting with olive oil to prepare it, and set it aside.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the lightly beaten egg whites in a shallow dish.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll each asparagus spear in enough egg whites to coat the entire stalk and then place it directly into the next bowl of dry panko mixture and roll the spear until it’s completely covered with the panko mixture.
- Place each spear your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is crispy on the outside but still slightly firm on the inside. It might need a little more time depending on the size of the asparagus spear.
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow all the ingredients to marry the flavors together.
- Serve with the Baked Asparagus Fries or any anything else you feel like dipping! So yummy!