Beef Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos are savory, flavorful morning bites of goodness! Hearty and filling, a great way to start your day!
How in the world is Christmas only a week away? It came up so fast and with all of the baking and cooking and entertaining I’ve been doing, I feel like I need to slow down a little bit and enjoy the remaining time. That’s where easy recipes come in, because without them, I spend hours in the kitchen and no time at all with family and friends.
We host a Christmas brunch year after year and I love it. But it can get expensive when you’re feeding a crowd. It also takes an enormous amount of prep when you have a big group. I feed a crowd every night of the week, with five teenagers in the house amongst a toddler and a few random sidekicks that call me mom. I’m always looking for an easy solution for the main dish!
Beef is such a versatile ingredient and if you watch closely or buy in bulk, you’re really going to save some serious money. There are so many different cuts and preparation methods, there is a way to fix your beef up for any recipe and any event. With the holidays literally around the corner, beef is a great idea for holiday meals of any kind, it just has so many different ways to enjoy it, and it’s so easy to prepare. That’s why I turned straight to beef to make my sausage for these wraps. The flavor is outstanding and so much better than whatever else you’d choose.
We love making these Beef Sausage Egg and Cheese Roll Ups on weekend mornings because it’s something a little different than the regular old cereal, oatmeal and bagels. I thought I’d kick them up a notch by whipping them into Beef Sausage Egg and Cheese Roll Ups. The first time we did it, we were simply blown away. The flavor was outstanding and enhanced of course, by the beef. Expected, but we didn’t know how great they’d taste. You just can’t beat it. Slice them up and place them on a platter, and they make a GREAT edition to any brunch event.
Recently, we hosted a brunch and served these “buffet style”, by simply whipping up all the ingredients in separate dishes and allowing everyone to put what they want on them. This was another fun way to serve these. Again, just a versatile recipe, that is “beefed up” with beef!
Beef Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce, more if desired
- Flour Tortillas
- Guacamole, Salsa, Green Onions, Cilantro, Sour Cream, etc, if desired
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef and seasonings.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until beef is cooked through and no pink remains. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl until well blended.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Pour in the beaten egg mixture.
- Watch the eggs for about a minute and as they begin to set, start dragging a spatula across the eggs, gently pushing and pulling until the entire mixture resembles scrambled eggs and is cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk until almost to a boil (there will be bubbles beginning to form on the top, but not rapidly)
- In another saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour by sprinkling a little at a time while stirring constantly 1-2 minutes. It will form a thick paste.
- Add the warm milk to the thick paste, slowly whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. This takes about 3-5 minutes. You're looking for thick, but it still needs to be easy to pour.
- Sprinkle the cheese in, a little at a time, whisking constantly until all cheese is completely melted. Add the hot sauce and whisk in. Taste it and decide if you need more.
- As the sauce cools, it will thicken, so keep it on low heat when serving these.
- Lay a flour tortilla flat. Cover in cheese sauce, toppings (listed above in ingredients), beef sausage and scrambled eggs. Roll them up, slice them and serve them. To help them keep their shape, use toothpicks to secure.
- These make a fantastic appetizer when thinly sliced, or a great main dish when cut in half or served whole.
I really hope you’ll check out the Sunday Supper Beef Pinterest board
And for further inspiration, check out the links to The Beef Checkoff social media sites:
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff. All opinions are my own.
And don’t forget to check out the other fantastic Beef Recipes this week!
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon by MealDiva
- Chipotle Beef Taco Bites by Feed Me, Seymour
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pepper Steak in Wonton Cups by Flavor Mosaic
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip by Life Tastes Good
Brunch or Breakfast for a Crowd
- Beef Sausage, Egg and Cheese Roll Ups by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beef Tenderloin Benedict by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Fried Steak by kimchi MOM
- Potato Pancakes with Filet Mignon and Fried Eggs by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Braid by Curious Cuisiniere
- Awesome Avocado Steak Tacos by Cooking Chat
- Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cider Beef Stew by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak & Mushroom Pie by The Messy Baker
- Beef and Bean Enchilada Bake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Braised Beef Ravioli by Family Foodie
- Mom’s Lasagna by Alida’s Kitchen
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs by Casa de Crews
- Skillet Steak Fajitas by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.