When my children were very little, I used to create fun, fast desserts that only took a few minutes to make. Why? Because their patience levels were almost non-existent. Well that, and they went to bed a lot earlier back then so they didn’t have time to wait for some long dessert to finish cooking. That’s why we make these little Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese Parfaits. They are absolutely easy enough to throw together in just a few minutes. Each bite is like a flavor explosion on your tongue and Philadelphia Cream Cheese has now made it even easier for me to make them with their new flavored cream cheese spreads.
With the new flavored cream cheese spreads, it makes throwing together a meal or a dessert, faster than ever. We love to use the savory flavors to make Creamy Chicken or sauces. Spreading it on crackers, toast, even vegetables. Absolutely outstanding. Then there’s the sweet flavors, and they go well with nearly any dessert or as a dip for fruit or cookies.
Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese Parfaits
But let’s get back to these little Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese Parfaits. It’s been a long time since I made them. My daughter and I went to Walmart to get the ingredients to make them again, and we stumbled on the area with all the new Flavored Philadelphia Cream Cheese speads.
We have 5 Walmarts within a few mile radius all around us, and this one is one of my favorites. I love it because it’s big and open and you can find things easily, not to mention they always get the new stuff first. The cream cheese area actually sits smack dab in the center of the store in a chill case. No aisle, just the ease of walking by or walking up to it and grabbing one, which is exactly what my daughter did.
When she spotted the Flavored Philadelphia Cream Cheese in Blueberry, she got pretty excited. Brie is a food blogger as well, and she knew that having the mixture already made for us, would make life much simpler (did I mention it already has REAL blueberries in it?). Brie knew that this product would increase the likelihood that we would make these parfaits more often! Suddenly our shopping list shrunk in half and we picked up a few tubs of the different flavors instead.
Once we got home, our parfaits came together in only minutes. They devoured them, and all agreed that using the flavored spread was much better than using the regular and mixing the mixture up ourselves. The fact that we were able to eat them immediately, rather than letting the flavors meld together, is only one of the many reasons I love these new flavored spreads!
If you haven’t made these before, the recipe is simple, has limited ingredients and is so full of blueberry flavor.
- 2 Graham Crackers, crushed (4 squares or 2 rectangles)
- 1 8oz. tub of Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
- ¼ c. of fresh blueberries (plus more to top with if you'd like)
- ½ c. of Blueberry Pie Filling or Blueberry Compote
- Homemade Whipped Cream (you can use store bought if you'd prefer)
- In a blender, puree the blueberries for about 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- You will need 4 mini shot glasses or something similar to serve them in.
- Layer the graham crackers in first in the bottom of the glasses, distribute them evenly between the four glasses.
- Top that with 2-3 Tablespoons of the Blueberry Cream Cheese mixture in each glass.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of the blueberry pie filling or compote as the next layer.
- Again, top that with 2-3 Tablespoons of the Blueberry Cream Cheese Mixture.
- Top the whole thing off with whipped cream, more crushed graham crackers or fresh blueberries.
- Serve. These can also be refrigerated for an hour before eating if you'd like.
Are you ready to #SpreadTheFlavor with #CollectiveBias? There are lots of great recipes floating through the blogosphere today using these wonderful spreads. You have got to try these delicious Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spreads for yourself. They are available in: Blueberry, Chive Onion, Garden Vegetable, Jalapeno, or Strawberry all with more fruit and vegetables. They compliment any recipe calling for cream cheese so beautifully. Making the flavor so much more intense, which of course translates to a perfect full flavor recipe!