I love scampi! There is something about the buttery lemony flavor that just calls my name. It doesn’t matter if it’s shrimp or chicken or scallops or lobster or fish or whatever it is you decide to do a scampi with, it’s just delicious! And these little appetizer bites are absolutely amazing. But not just amazing, they look beautiful on the party table too.
There are so many different ways to prepare or serve scampi, but this version is so easy and the outcome is a wonderful flavor that is infused with garlic, butter, lemon and a little white wine, that is just perfect on the taste buds.
With the holidays quickly approaching I am already planning my menu for both. I am trying to keep things pretty simple this year, and these Chicken Scampi Appetizer Bites are truly very easy. They look gorgeous on the food table and they go fast! They are definitely on the list for both holiday’s and any other holiday entertaining I do. I try to change them up for the different holidays and might do shrimp one time, chicken another and scallops another. This keeps things interesting, but no matter when I do them, somebody always asks for the recipe!
Chicken Scampi Appetizer Bites
In this recipe, it all starts with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®. Yep, that’s right. The flavor this delicious spread gives to these little Chicken Scampi bites is absolutely mouth watering. Thew new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is made from real, simple ingredients with 100% taste and absolutely no artificial preservatives. It comes in three different varieties; Original, Light, and Olive Oil varieties. I love how versatile it is, it adds so much flavor to any meal, but can also be used for spreading, topping, sautéing, cooking or baking.
It’s so easy to believe that the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spreads can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet. You can trust what’s inside the tub. There are 40% fewer calories and 70% less fat than butter. There is are 0g of trans fat per serving, no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegatable oils, which is good because I am not interested in feeding that to my family, friends or guests.
My favorite part of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is that it is spreadable straight out of the refrigerator, so there’s no need to wait for it to soften. As a food blogger that’s so important to me, it saves me time in the kitchen so I can be doing what really matters, entertaining, connecting with my readers and enjoying life.
If you haven’t tried the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! yet, you really must! The product is amazing, and has such a great flavor as well as being such a versatile spread. When you do try it, leave a review telling them what you think.
- 3 Tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 piece
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 24 grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pat the chicken dry. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, on medium heat, melt 2 Tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread. Once it's melted, add the minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 7 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and thoroughly cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and return the pan to the burner.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine to your skillet and cook 1 minute. Add the last tablespoon of butter and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and return the chicken to the pan. Toss the chicken until evenly coated.
- Take a toothpick and skewer a grape tomato and then a piece of chicken. Arrange on a serving platter. Repeat with the rest.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce from the pan over the chicken on the serving platter.
- Serve immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.