Chocolate Chip Spiced Walnut Cookies
Don’t these cookies look delicious? I thought so too, that’s why I may or may not have eaten half the batch myself.
We won’t go there.
These cookies are some of the softest chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had, of course partially because I have learned to cook them for a little less time so they stay soft longer. It works, I promise. Probably the best advice I’ve ever gotten about baking cookies. Did you know that trick?
Simply remove your cookies just a minute or two earlier and allow them to cook on the pan, outside of the oven. For whatever reason it actually works. I do it with most cookie recipes. If it says bake for 10 minutes, I bake for about 8. I’m getting better at seeing what the cookie should look like when it is removed. That helps.
But anyway, about these cookies.
They have walnuts. And spices. And chocolate. Who doesn’t love chocolate?
Combine them all together and you have this wonderfully, beautiful cookie that is crave worthy. I promise.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1½ cups of brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of all spice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In one bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy and smooth.
- Beat the eggs one at a time, incorporating fully before adding the next.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, all three spices and the salt together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until completely moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want to remove early, remove at the 8 minute mark (the cookies will still be very soft, however they will look “cooked”. Allow them to rest on the pan for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
Munchie Monday is open to everyone, and has no requirements, though we would love it if you at least linked back to us and/or showed off our button. 🙂
There are no rules, no specific types of recipes – just link up any recipe you’ve made and then hop around to visit all of the great linked up recipes.