Honestly, I didn’t know this recipe existed. I know there are others out there who probably did, but I have never been a huge fan of cranberries. And even though I am the queen of changing things up, I really didn’t know I liked cranberries until the last couple of years, so it was time.
Cranberry Ambrosia Salad happened because my son works at a grocery store, and on Saturday’s, he is the “Sample Guy” and hands out samples of the season’s best foods and recipes. Pumpkin Pie Parfaits were a popular hit, so was the apple cider, but nothing could compare to this Cranberry Ambrosia Salad. He handed me my sample cup and I even wrinkled up my nose and he said “Mom, seriously, try it.” This coming from my picky boy. And so I tried it, and it was delicious and I took another cup.
And then I vowed to try to recreate it at home.
My son consumed my first two test batches with no problem. He loved it. He told me it was better than the stores version and this just made my day/week/month/year.
So here it is for you dear reader. Do let me know if it convert you to a cranberry lover too?
Cranberry Ambrosia Salad Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounce) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11-15 ounces) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 small container of whipped cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the whole berry cranberry sauce, pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows and then the whipped cream and then the pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Serve chilled and on lettuce leaves for a pretty effect.