I love having one of those versatile side dishes that go great with almost any meal, but stand alone in flavor all by themselves. These Creamy Garlic Green Beans are made the way my grandma used to prepare them and I know I’ve had similar dishes elsewhere. An old recipe for sure.
We love green beans and I roast them with olive oil and sea salt frequently, but sometimes you just want something that tastes a little fancier. And Creamy Garlic Green Beans are it. They also take no time to prepare, can be made with frozen, fresh or even canned green beans. And taste like a million bucks. Well, actually they taste more like wonderful Creamy Garlic Green Beans, but either way, they are perfect for any meal!
These are delicious with almost any meal! We love them as a veggie with pasta or spaghetti!
There is a pritable version of this recipe below this one.
Creamy Garlic Green Beans
4 cups green beans
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
In pot, heat green beans on high heat for six minutes. Drain. In a frying pan, melt the butter and garlic powder on low heat. Add sour cream, and heat for another minute. Toss in green beans to coat. Serve with anything.
- 4 cups green beans
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large pot, heat green beans on high heat for six minutes. Drain. If you are using canned green beans, pour the liquid in too. If you are using frozen, add 2 cups of hot water and give them about 5 more minutes on the stove. If you are using fresh, add about 1½ cups of water and allow to cook for an addition 3-4 minutes. Drain out all liquid before moving on.
- In a frying pan, melt and combine the butter and garlic powder on low heat.
- Add the sour cream, and heat for only another minute.
- Toss in green beans to coat.
- Serve with anything.