This creamy decadent dessert wins over the heart of anyone who loves strawberries. It’s almost like some kind of crazy jello strawberry cheesecake-ish dessert complete with a fun and different sweet pretzel crust. It’s seriously good and very easy to make. In fact, I’ve been making this since I was a teen.
This is such a huge hit at parties, brunches and social gatherings of any kind, plus we make it for a dinner dessert and it lasts a few days. It can be made ahead of time and it can even be frozen ahead of time and then thawed. Plus, sometimes, right in the middle of cold weather, I’m really craving Strawberries and since they aren’t in season, I can enjoy a yummy strawberry dessert with frozen strawberries instead.
Creamy Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 c. pretzel sticks, broken
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks of melted butter
- 1 8oz. pkg of softened cream cheese
- 1 16oz. container of whipped dessert topping
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 3oz. boxes of strawberry gelatin
- 2 c. boiling water
- 2 10oz. pkgs frozen strawberries