I love the idea of Almost Homemade Thin Mint Cookies! You?
It’s time once again for the Secret Recipe Club reveal. My December blog brought me loads of choices, but I settled for easy one afternoon after the kids came home from school with friends in tow.
In the end, these super easy thin mint cookies, won out because they were easy (keyword!), I had all ingredients on hand and I needed something sweet and fun to serve a bunch of teenagers. For the record, I actually made 3 batches and they were ALL gone! They are very addictive, taste great and honestly taste a lot LIKE the popular once a year cookie!
Ready to make some Almost Homemade Thin Mint Cookies?
- 4 ounces of quality dark chocolate
- A few drops of peppermint extract (Its fairly strong, so start with a couple of drops and add gradually till you get the strength of flavor you're looking for)
- 12 circle butter crackers
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate until smooth.
- Add a drop or two of peppermint extract, stir well and taste.
- If it needs a little more mint, add a drop at a time stirring between each addition until you get the desired taste.
- Dip the crackers in the melted chocolate, allow the excess chocolate to drip off. I used a mini pair of tongs for this process.
- Place on a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper and refrigerate for about 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- For the record, much like REAL thin mints, these are absolutely awesome COLD!