I love easy appetizers! Actually I just love appetizers, and when they are easy, well, then that makes it even better. These Easy Sandwich Pinwheels are the perfect appetizer for any occasion and will go fast, so make up lots!
Easy Sandwich Pinwheels make great Super Bowl appetizers or Tailgating Party appetizers or whatever kind of appetizers you need.
Since I originally posted the Easy Sandwich Pinwheels, I have discovered awesome Flatbreads that are designed specifically for this very reason. We just love them. Obviously, you can still use flour tortillas which are just as wonderful, and probably cheaper. These flatbreads make fantastic pinwheels, are much better than the flour tortilla kind and still make the very best appetizers out there!
The best part of these Easy Sandwich Pinwheels is that you can change them up to first your families tastes or the theme of the party. For example, here are some with Salmon!
- 5 10″ flour tortillas
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of chopped green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- a pinch of Sea salt, to taste
- 10 slices of deli ham
- 10 slices of deli turkey
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and put it into a bowl (I used my stand mixer). Add the green onions, minced garlic, parsley and sea salt. Blend for about 3 minutes, or until entire mixture is combined and blended.
- Spoon mixture into a sealed container and refrigerate for an hour. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a tightly sealed container.
- Lay flour tortillas on a flat surface. Spread the cream cheese mixture across the entire flour tortilla.
- Layer the deli meats on top of each other completely covering the flour tortilla.
- Layer the lettuce on top – use enough lettuce to completely cover the deli meat.
- Roll up each flour tortilla.
- Use toothpicks to secure the tortilla. Depending on how thick you want them, will determine how many toothpicks you use. I was able to slice 10 pinwheels so I used 10 toothpicks. If you are able to slice 10 per tortilla you will wind up with 50 pinwheels at the end.