Egg & Toast Tarts (or Muffins)
I can’t believe it’s letter E and that we are almost through the first week of the #atozchallenge. I’ve tried to spend at least an hour each day going around and visiting a bunch of other blogs that are participating and I’ve found some AWESOME new-to-me blogs.
So today is letter E and we’re doing eggs. I couldn’t decide what to call these little gems. My kids call them egg tarts so that’s what I figured I’d call them. Then I realized they almost look like little muffins when they are done. I guess it all depends on perspective.
At any rate they are EASY. EXCELLENT. and EFFICIENT. <– haha see what I did there?
Yeah anyway, they are super fast to make (about 20 minutes), they taste amazing and are one of those things that you could almost mix anything in and you’d have a different kind every day for a month/year.
This is how we made these Green Onion Egg & Toast Tarts.
- 6 slices of bread, crusts cut off
- 5 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of diced green onion
- 1 Tabelspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
- ¼ c. shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6 muffin wells with cooking spray.
- Gently push the bread into the prepared muffins wells, a little on each edge should be sticking up (looks like tarts, I tell you.)
- Put in the oven for about 5 minutes or until bread is beginning to turn just a light shade of golden.
- In a mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and beat. I beat the eggs on the highest speed for about 1-2 minutes.
- Using an ice scream scoop, distribute the egg mixture between the 6 toast cups.
- Place them back into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Check out my other recipes posted for the A-Z Challenge:
K – Key Lime Cookies
L – Lemon Donuts
N – Italian Nachos