This grilled corn with herbed butter is one of the best side dishes for picnic’s, barbecues and other family get togethers. It is inexpensive, full of flavor and just perfect enough to pair with almost any meal. I love a versatile recipe like that.
Not to mention, it’s extremely easy. And we all know how I love easy.
This recipe feeds 15, and could easily be halved for a smaller setting.
- 15 ears of corn
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened (NOT melted)
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (use whatever herbs you want, we just picked these two because they were in the garden growing)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- In a small bowl, place the two sticks of butter. Use a fork and mash up the butter gently until it's soft and pliable. Add the salt, pepper and garlic and mash into the butter until blended.
- Add the oregano, basil. green onions and lemon zest and again mash with the fork to combine.
- Chill the butter until ready to use.
- Once ready to use, scoop butter on top of each ear of corn. While cooking, baste all sides with any remaining herbed butter, turning frequently. (we put a piece of tin foil down over the grill to keep the butter from melting into the coals and to keep it soaking/cooking into the corn.
- Grill about 15-20 minutes over medium heat.
The perfect easy side dish for any meal! Trust me.