How in the world are we already getting ready to celebrate 2013? It feels like 2012 should still be in full gear and kicking, not ending. So many wonderful things have happened in 2012 to me, to my friends, to my food blogging friends, that I hope and pray that 2013 is the same for all of us.
One special thing I have thoroughly enjoyed this year is watching the #SundaySupper group grow in leaps and bounds. This is an amazing group of foodies dedicated to my friend Isabel’s mission to bring back #SundaySupper Around the Family Table. Isabel says “It starts off as one day a week and soon becomes a way of life.” While she is talking about her missions direction to bring families together at the table, there is something more this mission and group has done. It has formulated friendships, support and laughter among the members of this incredible group that go far beyond only one day a week. It has definitely become a way of life. My family is even involved in what I choose to make for #SundaySupper, they know many of my #SundaySupper friends by name and even reference a few of them in everyday chatter (special shout out to Isabel, Jen and Paula) as if we’ve actually had them at our kitchen table. It’s beautiful really. Thank you Isabel, for giving us each other, in addition to a new way of thinking about mealtime with our families.
Well, it’s time to celebrate the New Year with my #SundaySupper crew. And we’re celebrating this #SundaySupper potluck Emeril style. This year, Isabel – my friend and founder of the #SundaySupper mission, had the opportunity to meet Emeril in person. He has been her inspiration for so long that it was definitely a dream come true. I cannot tell you how amazing it was to hear her excitement, and to see her beautiful smiling face with the man who has been inspiring her. She even got to interview him!
We’re having a #SundaySupper New Year’s Eve Party and you are all invited! The Sunday Supper Team has been inspired by two of Emeril’s Cookbooks, Kicked-Up Sandwiches and Emeril’s Potluck and we want to share some of our favorite recipes that are perfect to throw together a New Year’s Eve Potluck Party Emeril Style!
If anyone knows how to throw a party it’s Emeril and both books have the perfect recipes for a fun, casual and delicious New Year’s Eve Celebration! Join us this Sunday at 7 pm Eastern Time on Twitter for our New Year’s Eve #SundaySupper Potluck Party.
25 Bloggers will be giving away 25 copies of Emeril’s Cookbooks! (I’m one of them!)
* You don’t want to miss this special Celebration!
- Champagne Punch by girlichef
- Champagne Punch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Champagne Punch by Midlife Roadtrip
- Champagne Punch by Family Foodie
- Chi Chi Cocktails by The Messy Baker Blog
- Spiced Nuts by The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Spiced Nuts by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosciutto Breadsticks & Spiced Nuts by Galactosemia in PDX
- Spiced Nuts by Home Cooking Memories
- Spiced Nuts by Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Sopressata and Genoa Salami Calzones by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravy by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Supper for a Steal
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Columbia Street Grinder by The Foodie Army Wife
- by The Meltaways
- Emeril’s Columbia Street Grinder Kicked Up a Notch New Orleans Style by The Catholic Foodie
- Columbia Street Grinder by The Weekend Gourmet
- Three-Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Diabetic Foodie
- Eggplant Muffuletta by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Columbia Street Grinder by She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Columbia Street Grinder by Momma’s Meals
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravy by Craving’s of a Lunatic
- by Ninja Baking
- New Orleans Style Garlic BBQ Shrimp by Comfy Cuisine
- New Orleans-Style Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce by Magnolia Days
- New Orleans-Style Bread Pudding with 2 Sauces by Juanita’s Cocina
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Cake with Crumble Topping and Brown Sugar Glaze by Damn Delicious
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on December 30th. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our #SundaySupper New Year’s Eve Potluck Party Emeril Style! We are so excited to have you join us. All you have to do is follow the hashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
Please feel free to share with us and our followers your favorite New Year’s Eve recipe on our #SundaySupper Pinterest Board. We are excited to have you Around the Family Table for this special Party!
Do tell me though, while you are here, what are you celebrating this year? Tell me something good that happened.