I love jalapenos. They are the perfect amount of spice is so many delicious foods, from hamburgers to salads and then of course, to Spicy Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs. You can even control the amount of spice by adjusting how much you use, or throwing a seed or two in there. That’s up to you.
Today is Letter J for the Blogging A to Z Challenge and Spicy Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs are on the menu today. They make the perfect appetizer for a brunch, holiday meal, or Mexican Fiesta. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Spicy Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons jalapeno juice from jarred jalapenos
- ½ teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2-3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Slice your hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise and scoop out the yolk and put it in a small bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Mash the egg yolk up - I use my mixer to do this but a fork works just fine.
- Add the mayo, jalapeno juice, ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Blend in the jalapenos and bacon.
- Spoon the mixture into each white egg half.
- Top with sliced jalapeno, parsley or chopped bacon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check out my other recipes posted for the A-Z Challenge:
K – Key Lime Cookies
L – Lemon Donuts
N – Italian Nachos