One of the things I recently received in a big box of produce I puchased, was a large bag of potatoes. These potatoes are way too small to be traditional “Baked Potatoes” or to be turned into potato skins, but they are the perfect size for Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size. I made these delicious Basil & Parmesan Hasselback Potatoes about three years ago, and ever since, I have made them in all sorts of various ways.
I mean, you can make big Loaded Hasselback Potatoes. That’s cool too. But these just seemed like a no brainer. Who doesn’t love a loaded potato, and why not make them mini size so they can be eaten easier? These were such a huge hit, that they were ALL gone in just a few minutes and I made a LOT! My teenagers devour everything but these were pretty popular amongst the whole family. And they are REALLY simple.A few steps, and then some time in the oven, another step and one more short melt in the oven and you’re good to go. And you can fit a lot of mini’s on a pan. Also, we have used several different types of potatoes for these and they work just fine and are delicious, but for the best results, those really small baking potatoes are perfect.
Simply slice your potatoes about halfway through, being careful not to cut all the way through. Coat them in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Pop in the oven at 450 for about 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and slice cheese into squares to fit in between the cuts. You don’t have to put cheese in between each cut. But you can. Pop them back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven, top with sour cream, crumbled bacon and chopped green onions.Not only are they delicious, but they are so pretty. They are perfect for a summer BBQ or even a more elegant dinner party. Plus, they are mini, so you can eat a few and not feel guilty, right?
When will you make these delicious Mini Size Loaded Hasselback Potatoes?
- 1-2 lbs of small potatoes
- Olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 package mild cheddar cheese slices
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped or crumbled
- sour cream for topping
- Slice your potatoes about halfway through, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Coat them in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 450 for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice cheese into squares to fit in between the cuts.
- Put them back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven, top with sour cream, crumbled bacon and chopped green onions. Yum!
Will you be trying these Loaded Hasselback Potatoes in Mini Size?