Most of you know, I’m the mom of five teenagers, a toddler and more recently, part time caregiver to a newborn. I own my own business, run multiple blogs and in general, am busier than I’ve ever been in my life. I’m definitely not complaining, but it does make doing everyday tasks, all that much harder. But dinner doesn’t have to be hard anymore. I finally found a way to make easy meals that my whole family loves, that are ready in no time.
McCormick has introduced a brand new line of Skillet Sauces. Seven skillet sauces to be exact, and seven delicious flavors which make using one everyday of the week possible if I want. And sometimes, I want. I definitely want anything that makes dinner easier and quicker.
These skillet sauces make dinner a breeze and they are absolutely delicious.
I know I mentioned there are seven great flavors, but I know you’re curious what they are:
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili
- Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon
- Fajita with Roasted Chili, Garlic & Lime
- Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic
- Taco with Chipotle & Garlic
- Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes
When I received my packets to try out, I was intrigued by the flavors and wanted to do something a little different than their suggestions. Did I happen to mention that each of the packets comes with an amazing recipe right on the packet?
I did have some fun creating my own recipes using the skillet sauces – you can check out my Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream sauce, posted yesterday. But this recipe, the Pepper and Garlic Crusted Sicilian Chicken Skillet is only a little different than what the packet recipe is. I’m not sorry I didn’t change it up too much, because it was FANTASTIC and will be made again and again.
It got a thumbs up from even the pickiest eaters in my house and that in itself is hard to do!
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet (McCormick Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- In a small zippered baggie, seal the peppercorns inside and crush using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed peppercorns, salt, and garlic in a bowl; rub evenly over the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a little olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Add a little more olive oil to the pan and saute the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and add the McCormick Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic Skillet Sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on top of rice or pasta.
Don’t forget to check out all the recipes in this week’s fantastic #WeekdaySupper McCormick Skillet Sauce line up! You will find meal planning easy meals, that much easier!
Monday – Pepper and Garlic Crusted Sicilian Chicken Skillet by Daily Dish Recipes
Tuesday – Chili Cheese Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Wednesday – Sloppy Skillet Chicken Parmesan by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Thursday – Skillet Chili Mac by Magnolia Days
Friday – Sesame Pork Stir-Fry Bowl by Shockingly Delicious
Follow McCormick for great recipe ideas, products and more!
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.