This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars, Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BensBeginners #UncleBensPromo #CollectiveBias
There is nothing more that I love, then spending time with my kids. And in the kitchen, we can get creative, talk, laugh and have a good time. They love to help me cook, but they also love taking the reigns and cooking their own meals for the family. I don’t mind, because I get a break and get to eat delicious meals like this Sausage Shrimp and Veggies with Cheesy Rice.
My kids often turn to Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice to complete the meals they dream up in the kitchen. In the case of this Sausage Shrimp and Veggies dish, they chose Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice to give this dish some extra creamy, cheesy flavor! Uncle Ben’s help’s us make quick and easy meals which makes it easier for my kids to get creative in the kitchen!
Ben’s Beginners began with a simple ambition – to get kids to cook. We share that in common. As the mom of many, getting my kids into the kitchen has always been a huge part of my nightly meal prep. They love helping, making their own recipes and helping me plan the weeks meals, as well as shop for them.
- 1 14oz package of Kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup of bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup of onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups creamy alfredo sauce, homemade or storebought
- 2 packets of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, any flavor (we chose Creamy Four Cheese)
- In a large skillet, begin cooking the sliced sausage over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the bell pepper, onion, zucchini and garlic and continue cooking about 5-10 more minutes. When the onions are translucent and the bell pepper is softened, stir in your creamy alfredo sauce.
- Microwave a packet of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice per package directions.
- Spoon the rice onto a plate. Then spoon the creamy sausage and shrimp over the top. Serve!
Walmart & Ibotta
You can find Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice at Walmart down the rice aisle! There were plenty of different options for any dinner. And right now, you can get a $0.75 rebate through Ibotta on Ready Rice products exclusively at Walmart!Enter the contest!
Want to help your kids’ cafeteria? Check out the Ben’s Beginners program and contest & you can enter for a chance to win! 5 families will win $15,000 for themselves + a $30,000 cafeteria makeover for their kid’s school. You can find out more here.
PLUS! Enter below to win a $25.00 Walmart Gift Card!