It’s hard to believe that #SundaySupper is celebrating one year this month. Mostly because this means that Isabel (founder) and I have now known each other a year, which also seems difficult to believe. I feel as if I’ve known her my entire life. She is a good friend, confident and supportive in all I do. I hope I have been able to be the same for her.
I didn’t come into #SundaySupper from the very beginning. I got my start with #SundaySupper on February 11, 2012 with these delicious Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Champagne Frosting for the Romance Dinner #SundaySupper. In the past (almost) year, I’ve met some of the best foodies I know, as well as made some wonderful friendships and we owe all of this to Isabel for bringing us together. Now of course, Isabel is due all the credit for not only bringing us all together, but for having a mission that we all can stand behind and want to get the word out about.
Isabel’s mission is to bring back Sunday Supper Around the Family Table in every home. Something that is already very dear to my heart. With 5 teenagers everyone thinks my life must be crazy, and it can be, but overall I have great kids who are 5 of my best friends in life. We spend every night together around the family table and I am positive it has helped to contribute to the relationships we have.
This week we picked a recipe from a past #SundaySupper theme. After browsing through my saved recipes, I fell on this one from Jen over at Juanita’s Cocina. It was screaming my name.
A few reasons.
- I love potatoes. And cheese. And shrimp. Add them all together and I’m sold.
- I love 5 ingredient or less meals. This one was for our 5 ingredient or less meals #SundaySupper. I added stuff to it because I could. I’m willing to bet that when Jen makes these (after that 5 ingredient #SS) she ads stuff to it too.
- I love Jen. Her blog. Her food. Her recipes. Her photography. Her state (yes the one she lives in – she lives in Texas y’all… and I used to live in Dallas and miss it terribly!). I feel like we’re kindred spirits of sorts. Every time she posts something, I think… Oh! I need to make that. EVERY.TIME. So I just decided this was a good time to knock one out.
Of course I will tell you right now, that if you want to see how beautiful this dish is, and how mouth watering it truly looks, you have got to go check out Jen’s pictures. Her photos for this recipe far outweigh mine in every category and I cannot deny her food always looks AMAZING.
I still think mine look pretty. Just not as.
- 4 extra large baking potatoes (or 6 medium to large potatoes)
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 4 cups grated cheese (I used a cheddar and monterrey jack pre-shredded mix)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lb. shrimp, cooked
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. minced Garlic
- 2 Tbs. diced onion
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. basil
- Precook the potatoes in the oven or on the grill.
- Once your potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool until you can handle them. (this took at least 25 minutes for me)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice each potato in half and scoop out the insides of each half. Leave a wall of the potato flesh (about a ¼ inch of potato) attached to the skin.
- Place the scooped out flesh into a bowl.
- Add the butter, sour cream, cheese, garlic, onion, paprika, basil and salt and pepper (to taste) to the bowl with the potatoes. Mix ingredients together until they are well-combined.
- Fold the shrimp into the potato mixture, mixing gently.
- Spoon the potato/shrimp mixture into the potato skins. Don’t overfill, or they will drip out all over the place during cooking. Trust me. haha
- Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese on the top of the potatoes before putting them in the oven.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes or potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
This week we let the team inspire our recipes. Check out what everyone else is making and who they were inspired by!
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Soups and Breads:
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Tomato Florentine Soup by Mama Mommy Mom inspired by
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- (GlutenFree) Chicken Bruschetta by Family Foodie inspired by
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Drunken Meatballs by Small Wallet Big Appetite inspired by
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Beef Stroganoff by What Smells So Good? inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken by Cupcakes and Kale Chips inspired by
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by From Fast Food to Fresh Food inspired by
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Homemade Harissa by The Wimpy Vegetarian inspired by
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Tropical Salsa by The Urban Mrs. inspired by Family Foodie
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragu by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by
- Paella by My Cute Bride inspired by What Smells So Good?
Sunday Supper Veggies:
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
SundaySupper Desserts and Snacks:
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Foodie Army Wife inspired by Fam Friends Food
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by inspired by
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coconut Cranberry Honey Nut Cookies by Mama’s Blissful Bites inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Sweet N Spicy Roasted Spiced Nuts by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by
Sunday Supper Breakfast Faves:
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In the Kitchen with KPinspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals
Sunday Supper Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.