Creamy, icy and smooth, Simple Coffee Milkshakes help you cool down on a hot day. They are also fun just because and they become a dessert topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.
I don’t know where you are, but here in St. Louis, it’s getting HOT. Really hot. And when it gets this hot, I will go to drastic measures to reduce anything in my house that makes it hotter. We don’t turn on the stove, we don’t go in and out of the house over and over and I often cover the windows with darker curtains to keep the sun out. Oh, and we have sky lights and we keep those covered too.
However, lately we have resorted to obsessive popsicle, smoothie and milkshake making. It’s a great dessert option and quickly cools you down. We love it.
This recipe is one of those easy recipes that I’ve had in my arsenal since I was a teen. Assuming I got it out of a cookbook or something at some point and I’m at the point where I don’t even measure anymore. And you can change it up by using different flavors and even different liquids. We’ve done it with juice in place of the coffee and a strawberry or other flavor of ice cream. It’s just a very versatile recipe that can take you quite far all summer. And kids love it!
Simple Coffee Milkshakes
- ¼ cup strong coffee or espresso, chilled
- 2 cups of coffee ice cream
- ½ cup milk (we use chocolate sometimes for more of a mocha coffee milkshake)
- homemade whipped cream (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Make sure your coffee is chilled.
- In a blender pour in milk, strong coffee and coffee ice cream (you can use chocolate or vanilla instead, if you'd rather)
- Blend thoroughly until milkshake is completely blended.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and cinnamon or cocoa powder sprinkled on top.
What’s your favorite way to cool off in the hot summer sun?