I was recently asked by The J.M. Smucker Company to create a recipe using Martha White® baking mixes, however as always all text, photos and opinions are 100% honest and my own.
At holiday time, I am in the kitchen a lot. I adore baking and it’s fun to keep seasonal goodies on hand for my family to nibble on whenever the mood strikes.
I love having hot, fresh, straight-from-the-oven goodies available in the morning. I get up early anyway, so why not use that time to whip up something special for breakfast. Sometimes I use Martha White® products as a jumping off point, like I did for this Sweet Potato Casserole Coffee Cake.
On a recent trip to Kroger, I was excited about all the different baking Martha White® products available. So I picked up several with the wheels turning in my mind of all the fun recipes I could create with the Martha White® baking mixes. I have several really fun recipes coming up on my blog using these great mixes, but today I am sharing one of our favorite holiday brunch recipes.
Sweet Potato Casserole Coffee Cake.
Yep, it’s just like a sweet potato casserole all dressed up for the holidays. Each soft, moist bite is reminiscent of the classic favorite holiday dish served on tables across the world on Thanksgiving and Christmas. And it’s all made better with Martha White® Sweet Potato Flavored Muffin Mix! So easy!
Wanna make Sweet Potato Casserole Coffee Cake?
- 2 (7 oz.) package Martha White® Sweet Potato Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ pecans, crushed
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a square pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the muffin mix, milk and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Mix the flour, both sugars, cinnamon, pecans and butter together. It will be a very crumby (not crummy) mixture, keep going until you get that.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes
- Mix the marshmallow fluff and boiling water together until you get a glaze.
- After the cake has cooled, drizzle marshmallow glaze over the top of the coffee cake.
- Serve warm or room temp.
Serve with a delicious cup of hot tea or coffee any time of day; morning, noon or night. (great midnight snack!)
We will be enjoying this again the evening of the 49th Annual Country Music Awards (see more info on this below). What better recipe to share that night, than a wonderful southern recipe that tastes like dessert!
So, tell me… How will you use Martha White® in your favorite Southern recipe?
Martha White and the 49th Annual Country Music Awards
Martha White is proud to be a sponsor of the 49th Annual Country Music Awards which will air LIVE from the Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, November 4 at 8/7c.
You can find out more on the official website: CMAawards.com or by following the official hashtag: #CMAawards
There will be dozens of performances and countless special moments. Be sure and watch as the Country Music industry honors its finest entertainers and celebrates 49 years of excellence.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of J.M. Smucker’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.