I find the best articles for the week shared on social networking sites, to help you with your writing. Sometimes, the articles might not actually be from this particular week, I will include it if it was shared that week by multiple sources. If you know of something I missed, feel free to comment below and include a link.
- Bustin’ out: When Agents Flee the Coop
- What if literary characters were agents?
- What Will Agents Do in the Future?
- Slipping in Character Description
- We can’t leave fiction alone—Talking Character
- QOTW: Secondary/Supporting Characters
- 3 Traits Your Hero and Villain Should Share
Dialogue, Setting & Voice
- Your Setting Example #12
- Finding Your Voice: Seven Tips
- On Writing: First Find Your Voice
- Capturing that Elusive Voice
- Dialogue–Make it Matter
- Writing A Novel And The Importance Of Setting
- Show Vs. Tell
Editing & Revision
- The Revisions Process: Part Two: What My Own Eyes Look For
- The Revisions Process: Part One: On A Theory of Revising
- Editing With Color
- 10 Sentences with Muddled Meanings Made Clear
- DO Get Fresh With Me: Amping Up Your Writing
- What in the Heck is a Content Edit?
- Widows and Orphans
- Color Idea Cards
- I’ve Got the Music in Me
- Offbeat Lessons From Three Late-Blooming Writers
- Where Do You go to Think?
News & Issues
- The Aches and Pains of Being a Writer
- Would you sign my e-book?
- A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing by Bob Mayer
- Bodice Rippers Unite
- Should You Give Editors Your Social Security Number?
- Will Write E-Porn for $1 Million
- A few words with Beverly Cleary on her 95th Birthday
Plotting & Outlining
- Outline Techniques for Those Who Hate Outlines
- Two Sides to a Story: Plotting For Everyone
- 5 Tips for Quickly Writing Your First Draft—by Alan Orloff
- How To Include Backstory Without Killing Your Novel
- 27 Steps to Plotting Your Novel, Memoir, Screenplay Complete
- Hop, Skip, Jump! Don’t Kill Your Process
- Entangled Publishing: Ready for a New Business Model Among Smaller Presses?
- How Can Writers Know if Their Work is Ready for E-Publication?
- 5 Reasons to Pursue Traditional Publishing
Querying and Manuscripts
- Query Letters That DON’T Work, Not Even a Little Bit
- Writing a Killer Query Letter
- Navigate Victorian Life (game) (someone tweeted this and I can’t find the tweet now, but thank you!!)
- Thinking Outside the Traditional Medical Romance Box
- What an Erotic Romance Author Is Not
Social Media Resources
- How to Use Twitter To Tighten Your Prose
- Social Media Myth Busting For Authors
- Blogging: Adding and Centering a Twitter Widget
Writing – General & Misc.
- 20 Great Similes from Literature to Inspire You
- 5 Alternatives To a Creative Writing MFA
- The Five Things I Wished I’d Know About the Writing Business
- Three Rules for Writing a Novel
- Luck or Skill?
- 10 Questions Every Writer Asks
- Will the worst book ever written become a movie?
- You Can Only Buy One Book Today
- REJECTING THE GENRE NOT THE WRITING
- On Requests – Some things to consider…
- Want To Write? 18 Great Writers and Thinkers Show You How
- Writers: Are We Always Honest With Each Other? Just Curious …
- Go-to Writing Books, IV
- Top Five Mistakes Writers Make at Conferences
- You Can’t Hook a Reader with a Yawn
- First Draft Guide for the Focus-Impaired Writer
- Introducing…The Weather Thesaurus!
- Levels of Competence
- Books on Writing Craft!
- Researching Your Book–How to Do It, When to Stop and Get Writing
- L is for Local Color Writing
- Lemony Snicket’s (Very Random) Guide for Writers
- How a Dragon Saved My Writing Career
- Youth Resilience and What it Means For Writers, Part I: The Resilience Chart
YA & Kid Lit
- Publishers That Accept Writers Without Agents: Urbantopia Books
- Great Characters With Disabilities In YA and MG
- YA Cafe: 5 Reasons Your YA Character Might Flop
- You Need a Complete Manuscript
- YA Deals By The Numbers, Part Three
- Why are there so many love triangles in paranormal YA?
- Do You Read YA?
Did I miss anything? Please leave a comment with a link!