We’re about halfway there with the A to Z Challenge at this point, and today’s post is all about some very easy Two Ingredient Lemon Bars. These turn out with a light lemony citrus flavor and a moist soft cake, that is light and fluffy. I did sprinkle powdered sugar over the top, so I guess in reality if you decide to do that too, they are then THREE ingredient Lemon Bars. Either way they are extremely easy, very delicious and I can think of all kinds of ways to change them up and make them even better.
They come out pretty much like Lemon Angel Food Cake (Surprise, I know). haha But you could do so much with them.
To change up these TWO ingredient Lemon Bars:
- Add lemon zest to the batter or even on top at the end.
- Sprinkle Powdered Sugar on top.
- Use an extra can of lemon pie filling in the mix to make them more like traditional lemon bars
- Before baking, layer sliced lemon on top
What would you do to change these up? Or would you just enjoy them as is? (Trust me they are delicious as is!)
- 1 (22 ounce) can of lemon pie filling
- 1 box of angel food cake mix (needs to be the just add water kind)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or using your stand mixer, mix together the lemon pie filling and the angel food cake mix until smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-35 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Top with powdered sugar if desired.
Want to check out the other posts I’ve done in the Blogging A to Z Challenge?
- A – Avocado Chocolate Mousse (two ingredients)
- B – Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (two ingredients)
- C – Italian Crockpot Chicken (two ingredients)
- D – DIY Dog Treats (two ingredients)
- E – Easy Strawberry Fudge (two ingredients) And I was lazy, I combined E &F)
- F – This can either be the one above it or the one below it.
- G – Ghirardelli Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake (three ingredients)
- H – Hospital (haha I was sick as a dog!) Just use your imagination here.
- I – Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream Bread (two ingredients)
- J – Jalapeno Poppers (three ingredients)
- K – Cookies and Cream Kiss Dip (three ingredients)
- L – Lemon Bars (Two Ingredients)