A cool, refreshing Watermelon Lime Wine Cooler to enjoy on a hot day or just because. Sweet and tart, but utterly refreshing! Easy to make!
Hi there everybody, today is once again a Secret Recipe Club reveal day, and it’s a fun one for me for a few reasons.
This month I got Susan from Wimpy Vegetarian. She is no stranger to me, I’ve known her for several years as we participate in another group online together (SundaySupper) and she’s a sweetheart. Because of this other group, I get the chance to see a lot of her awesome posts and I already know she makes some fabulous food. I have several bookmarked to try out from the past like her Butternut Squash Risotto, Strawberry Coconut Soup *swoon*, Jalapeno Mac and Cheese Bites and Chocolate Coconut Truffles & Jam, just to name a few.
We chose her Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime this month for a few reasons. First of all, this was one of my bookmarked recipes from Susan. I had seen this back when she posted this with our other group and knew, just knew I would have to make it. So, since I’m in St. Louis, and we’ve been having some wonderful weather here (can anyone say 70 degrees, oh yes please!). This drink just screams warm weather. But the biggest reason we chose this drink this month. It was easy. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not afraid of a long and hard recipe. But this month I needed something on the easier side. Wondering why?
Let me show you.
This sweet little boy, a true gift from God arrived a little earlier than planned and after a few complications here and there.
My first grandbaby.
I am completely smitten. ❤
So we made a Watermelon Lime Wine Cooler to celebrate!
Since his mama, daddy and him all live with me, it’s been interesting having a newborn around again. No time for anything but trust me his Nana ISN’T complaining. I sit for hours and just stare at him. When mama came home, we were able to enjoy these delicious drinks together in a mini-celebration.
- ⅔ cup watermelon juice
- 1 cup Riesling Wine
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Mint Syrup (recipe below)
- splash of club soda
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- In a pan on the stovetop over medium heat, stir together the water and sugar until it has completely dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped mint leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from and cool completely.
- Store in a sealed bottle in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks. Can be added to all kinds of drinks and smoothies and other sweet recipes.
- Start with a fresh Watermelon. Cut into 1-inch cubes, removing any seeds and the rind.
- Place the watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor until the watermelon is completely liquified.
- Using a mesh strainer or piece of cheesecloth, strain the watermelon juice to remove the pulp.
- Mix all ingredients for the Wine Cooler together. Fill a tall glass with ice and pour wine cooler over ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge if desired.